Cages By Design - Very Helpful

I needed a replacement part for my parrot cage. The only reason I needed a replacement was because I moved the cage too many times on carpet and the corner leg became loose.

It did not break off but it was stressed so decided to replace it with a new one. The lady on the phone was very nice got me everything I needed. I purchased my cage in 2008 and it has been awesome. I have never had any issues with it - no rust my lights are still working on the original bulbs.

I would purchase from them again. Sorry for others issues but I would highly recommend Cages by Design

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Cages By Design - +/-

1.9
Additional Fees
Style and Design

the cages look nice but after rebuilding it, the cage was still wobbly. The bulbs given only lasted a week and some didn't even work.

took at least 5 people to build it the first time. I called because some parts were missing and didn't fit, like the vents. She spoke to me like I was ***. Its obvious how they go in and the screws were too short.

Wouldn't send me new ones and wasn't helpful on the phone at all. I was actually hung up on. I do not have a video of building it because it would be a 3 month long video. cant exactly take a picture of a bulb not working.

Wish I knew about the hassle before I bought it for $6000. Only worth $500

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: products bad quality, poor customer service, expensive.

I didn't like: Price of the cage, Quality of the cage, Guy on the phone.

Comments

I had about the same experience and I really wish to do my research on reviews before I placed order for $5250.95 It is rip off. I will create my own post later with all details as well.

Cages By Design - Don't Buy, Rust

I ordered because they claimed Toxin Free. The 1st time I washed the cage rust ran down most of the bars, I couldn't dry it fast enough.

The rust was still running down the bars 2 days later. Maybe after 6th response Stacy contacted me and wrote there was a 14 day issue with rust and quality. I ordered a seed guard and it was so bent on all the ends that I couldn't connect them around the cage. Cage was arrived while I was on vacation for 2 weeks.

If you seriously care about your Bird Do Not Order, Rust is A Toxin

and this is dangerous. Imagine your Parrot climbing the bars and swallowing rust.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Quality of the cage, Rust.

Cages By Design - Love my enclosure

Cages by design has been a great company to work with. This was a custom enclosure and they worked with me to get everything exactly as I wanted it.

We spent weeks going back and forth with samples of different woods and finishes and the final product couldn't be better. When you're purchasing something like this, know it will be costly and it takes time to build. I knew from the outset it would be 12 weeks, I placed my order 1/29 and received it 4/19. Paying upfront for a custom piece is customary.

If it's build for you then the company would be out if your payment isn't there 3 months later.

When Fed Ex freight couldn't get the crate off the truck because it was too large, CBD stepped in and had a moving company pick it up and deliver it to me.

I have enjoyed my experience but I also did my homework and knew what I was getting into. Thanks Stacy and crew for giving my birds the enclosure of my dreams.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: Good customer service.