Cages By Design - Very Helpful

I needed a replacement part for my parrot cage. The only reason I needed a replacement was because I moved the cage too many times on carpet and the corner leg became loose.

It did not break off but it was stressed so decided to replace it with a new one. The lady on the phone was very nice got me everything I needed. I purchased my cage in 2008 and it has been awesome. I have never had any issues with it - no rust my lights are still working on the original bulbs.

I would purchase from them again. Sorry for others issues but I would highly recommend Cages by Design

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 19, 2017.

Cages By Design - +/-

1.9
Additional Fees
Style and Design

the cages look nice but after rebuilding it, the cage was still wobbly. The bulbs given only lasted a week and some didn't even work.

took at least 5 people to build it the first time. I called because some parts were missing and didn't fit, like the vents. She spoke to me like I was ***. Its obvious how they go in and the screws were too short.

Wouldn't send me new ones and wasn't helpful on the phone at all. I was actually hung up on. I do not have a video of building it because it would be a 3 month long video. cant exactly take a picture of a bulb not working.

Wish I knew about the hassle before I bought it for $6000. Only worth $500

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: products bad quality, poor customer service, expensive.

I didn't like: Price of the cage, Quality of the cage, Guy on the phone.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 08, 2016.

Comments

I had about the same experience and I really wish to do my research on reviews before I placed order for $5250.95 It is rip off. I will create my own post later with all details as well.

Cages By Design - Don't Buy, Rust

I ordered because they claimed Toxin Free. The 1st time I washed the cage rust ran down most of the bars, I couldn't dry it fast enough.

The rust was still running down the bars 2 days later. Maybe after 6th response Stacy contacted me and wrote there was a 14 day issue with rust and quality. I ordered a seed guard and it was so bent on all the ends that I couldn't connect them around the cage. Cage was arrived while I was on vacation for 2 weeks.

If you seriously care about your Bird Do Not Order, Rust is A Toxin

and this is dangerous. Imagine your Parrot climbing the bars and swallowing rust.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Quality of the cage, Rust.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 13, 2016.

Cages By Design - Love my enclosure

Cages by design has been a great company to work with. This was a custom enclosure and they worked with me to get everything exactly as I wanted it.

We spent weeks going back and forth with samples of different woods and finishes and the final product couldn't be better. When you're purchasing something like this, know it will be costly and it takes time to build. I knew from the outset it would be 12 weeks, I placed my order 1/29 and received it 4/19. Paying upfront for a custom piece is customary.

If it's build for you then the company would be out if your payment isn't there 3 months later.

When Fed Ex freight couldn't get the crate off the truck because it was too large, CBD stepped in and had a moving company pick it up and deliver it to me.

I have enjoyed my experience but I also did my homework and knew what I was getting into. Thanks Stacy and crew for giving my birds the enclosure of my dreams.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cages By Design Bird Cage.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 20, 2016.

Cages By Design - Is the company a scam?

Style and Design

I ordered a cage on April 7 and they took the money from my credit card immediately and here it is June 6 and I have nothing to show for it. No reputable company takes the money until they ship.

I've called them many times and they have lied to me every time. At first they said it would take 4 weeks including shipping which I thought was extreme. The next lie was 4 to 5 weeks plus shipping. Then, they say they're backed up and it'll be just one more week.

That week goes by and the next lie was, just one more week. That was up yesterday. I've explained to them that Ii just need to get the truth because this is for a cat with lymphoma and I want him to have access to sun and fresh air as much as possible and as soon as possible. It's inexcusable to string me along with a sick cat waiting for a cage.

This was such a horrible mistake. I strongly suggest not ordering from them.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 06, 2015.

Comments

Tell them your making a formal complaint with the attorney generals office.

Cages By Design - My cage by design was awesome

im completly satisfied. 4 by 4 by 2 feet for a 12 foot python.

awesome cage, no regrets. everything fit good was sturdy and it was exectly as advertised. im about to install several more in my proffesional office waiting area. i recomend you check out there site because the quality is great.

of course i made sure everything was shipped and receieved properly. maybe double check with the seller before you commit. thanks.

also mine came with a lifetime warranty that can transfer to future buyers if i ever decide to upgrade. as a hole im very satisfied with cage by design

Reason of review: Good quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 02, 2015.

Cages By Design - Over priced and guy on phone wasn't friendly or helpful

1.2

I did manage to put the cage together but it's not a solid fit. It's rickedy. No way was the cage worth the price.

When dealing with a company that sells VERY expensive products you expect the person you're talking to on the phone to have a helpful, friendly, upbeat attitude. The guy I dealt with (I forgot his name) was always very bland and he could've been more helpful, too. He was either thoughtless or purposely let a mistake happen.

To be specific, I told him the cage was for a parakeet so I asked if a parakeet would be able to use the feeding dishes and perches. He said - no problem. The cage included a couple of swings that I didn't know were for the size of a parrot. Why didn't he tell me that and offer the swings for a parakeet? So I had to return them for the smaller sizes. A hassle that he easily could've avoided. Honestly by the sound of his voice on the phone I wonder if he did that on purpose.

I almost forgot one more thing. In the middle of all this I moved and they kept sending the perches to the old address even though I repeatedly emailed them my new address. Now that I think about it I wonder if they even were sending them to the old address. For all I know they were using that as an excuse to stall and hassle me more.

I'll never buy from them again and nobody should.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Cage looks nice.

I didn't like: Guy on the phone, Price of the cage, Quality of the cage.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 05, 2015.

Cages by design is a joke

Ordered suncatcher cage and safety catch together at same time. Almost $5000.

Arrives 4 weeks later than promised. After unpacking 2 crates with no directions, now I have to put this together. That would-be fine if they sent the hardware and if 4 out of 12 panels weren't made the wrong size! After taking pictures and talking to Hannah 20 Times they are sending me the right parts and hardware.

Promised in 2 weeks. Crate shows up 2 months later. I dont even want to open it cuz I know it's still wrong.

If it is I am getting in my car and driving to personally smack that dumb *** in the face and whoever is in charge will get the *** whipping of a lifetime. Then I'll drive back home, get out my welder and build the parts I need myself.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 23, 2013.

Cages By Design - Bird Cage

I ordered a bird cage and paid the thousands, then received notice it could not be built as requested. Stating per our conversation, which was not the case.

I was given a sales receipt for what I ordered and additional was added to meet my order. After I asked to cancel my order I was assured it could be built. 8 weeks later I call to check on my paid order. (Previously told it would take 5-6 weeks).

I was then advised it would be shipped the end of the week.

It arrived by 18 wheeler, driver could not back into our drive - stopped in the middle of the highway impeding traffic. The huge crate was pulled into the yard. Upon opening the crate the cage is in pieces. No one ever mentioned it would require assembly.

With the thousands of dollars spent it should be in one piece. Now having to spend additional sum for someone to assemble.

Not a way to create repeat business. If I wanted something I would have to assemble I would have gone to a lumber yard, and paid much less!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 02, 2013.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #732178

That's good campared to my experience with that sorry excuse for a company.

San Diego, California, United States #673316

hahaha, you r *** :p

Cages By Design - Sun catcher aviary is a scam

I purchased a Sun Catcher Outdoor Aviary shipped from Cages By Design. The cage arrived late, the wrong gauge wire and the floor kit broke on assembly.

After being outside for 38 days, the aviary rusted. When I contacted Hannah at Cages By Design, I was shocked to learn they do not warranty rust for any length of time on their cages. She never acknowledged my other problems with the wire gauge or the floor kit. At this point, I am six months into owing this cage and am still trying to find a resolution with Cages By Design.

This company has gone out of their way to cover their liability with their manufacturing.

Beware of Cages By Design. Make sure that you read yet fine print.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 19, 2013.

Comments

Thank you so much! I was just about to drop $2500 on a new cage for my parrot.

I had no idea this company was so shoddy.

They have such a good website!